The JPSEC RA is responsible for registering objects in accordance with the rules of the supervising organization.
The JPSEC RA’s duties are as follows:
- Receiving applications
- Reviewing applications;
- Informing the applicant of the result of the supervision department’s actions;
- Assigning of names when the applicant has been approved;
- Processing updates of information associated with registered items;
- Informing users about the results of updates;
- Maintaining an accurate register;
- Safeguarding any confidential information;
- Handling all aspects of the registration process in accordance with good business practice;
- Providing an annual summary report on activities to the responsible supervision organization;
- Explaining the procedure for appeals;
- Handling all business in English;
- Producing practice and tutorial documents when applicable;
- Indicating(e.g. on letterheads)that it has been designated as the JPEG 2000 part 8 Registration Authority by ISO.